Monday, July 21, 2008

Looking over Berlin


"Berlin is the world center of the arts."
A concert pianist once told me that.

I have yet to fully mull over Berlin Fashion Week 2008/2009, but I have to say I was a bit disappointed. There was alot of streetwear when I was really hankering for some concept designs. It felt like a repeat of trends already seen. Many of the designs were fun and bright, perfect for summer. But I don't know if they reflected the musician's high praise. I feel like there must be this vast array of talent that didn't have a chance to be seen. Surely there are designers that weren't a part of the "Mercedes Fashion Week" that did not get to have the same coverage.
Who knows, maybe they were as tired of the sponsors as I was.
I hate how there was an "Olympus" Fashion Week, and and "Mercedes" one. But I guess if this allows for the shows and the hardwork to be seen, I guess its worth it...

Sorry about the rant :P

No comments: